RheOx is system comprised of a single use catheter and electrosurgical generator. A physician uses the system to deliver non-thermal energy to the airways to reduce mucus-producing cells in patients with Chronic Bronchitis.Non-Thermal, Targeted Energy Delivery
- Pulsed electric fields target abnormal cells, leaving extracellular matrix intact
- Rapid regeneration of epithelium1
- RheOx Catheter is delivered through a bronchoscope by a single operator
- Fernandez-Bussy et al. Histopathologic Results Post Bronchial Rheoplasty. ATS 2019, Dallas, TX.
- FastStats - Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) / National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) 2017; https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/copd.htm
- Criner, G. Chronic Bronchitis: The Case for an Unmet Medical Need. ERS 2017, Milan, Italy
- Health at a Glance: Europe (2012 and 2014 reports) http://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/social-issues-migration-health/health-at-a-glance-europe-2012_9789264183896-en
- Cerveri, et al, Variations in the prevalence across countries of chronic bronchitis and smoking habits in young adults; Eur Respir J 2001; 18: 85–92
- Kim et al. The Chronic Bronchitic Phenotype of COPD: An analysis of the COPD Gene Study CHEST 2011; 140(3):626–633
- Global Strategy for the Diagnosis, Management and Prevention of COPD, Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) 2017. Available from: https://goldcopd.org.
- A. Valipour, et al. Bronchial Rheoplasty For Treatment of Chronic Bronchitis: 12 Month Results from a Multi-Center Study. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2020;
Vol. 202 Number 5.